Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Buses and Bonuses

So as I mentioned in my previous post, I was looking forward to riding the bus today. ERRRR.

I got to the bus stop a little earlier than I needed to, but a bus was still there, so I got on. Bad idea. I don't know why he was still there, b/c his bus was full! And he still had 3 more stops. So that meant instead of a nice, relaxing bus ride, I had to stand and grab hold of pole with both hands for a half hour. It is really hard to stand that long in heels, and this bus driver liked to drive like a maniac. So that was no fun.

I was glad to be in the office though...I missed the coffee! The stuff out at my clients is junk, compared to our Starbucks. I ran into a girl I started with, and so we had lunch together. That is the other thing about working downtown, I end up going out for lunch a lot more. I always run into people, and of course I want to catch up with them over lunch. Its fun though!

So here's the really good news of the day. I got an email today that my company, out of the blue, has decided to give bonuses for people who pass their CPA exam early on. I was soooo pumped. It only applies to people who started after May, so there are some unhappy folks out there. But this girl is just happy as could be. So I was thinking maybe $500, at most $2,000. Later in the day I got the email with the details. If you pass it in the first year after being hired, you get $5,000! HOLY @#$&*@#*!!!! So now I have SUPER motivation to pass that sucker. (well at least I thought I did, but tonight I haven't even opened the book).

After work, I apparently missed my bus (or really it was early). So I had to wait a half hour to get on the next one, and in the cold. Dangit. So the whole bus experience wasn't all I had remembered it as. Its a love-hate relationship, that's for sure.

Tonight, Blaine is helping M and R put in their new granite counter tops. I can't wait til we live in that area, so I don't always get left out. Someone has to come home and let Deja out ya know!

I would have liked to at least take Deja for a walk tonight, but getting home late, and the day getting dark early, just didn't work out. Hopefully tomorrow!

4 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Ahh the change in seasons. There just something about fall that I love. It reminds me of us growing up and playing in the leaves; mostly me pushing you over into the leaves. Good times.

Glad to hear you survived the bus today. I was able to picture you standing in heels... kind of amusing. Makes the low points of my day that much more enjoyable!

Liz said...

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Seems like we have a lot in common, upon first glance. So it's already cold in MN? It was 90 degrees in St. Louis yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, BLAW -it's semi-interesting, but the teacher himself is NOT. As for Accounting, yes -I have to take two classes. And I'm sorry to say, I hate it.

Over the weekend we were assigned one take home test problem, and everyone spent 3-4 hrs on it. CRAZY!

So, are you an accountant?

Abbie said...

Hi, found your blog from marriage 101's comment page, I started from last year to present. Congratulations on getting married. You two look so good together.
Also, I hope you pass your CPA and get that house.
There are a billion blogs out here on decorating (if you are into that sort of stuff)
Enjoy the rest of your day.