Friday, October 26, 2007

Our First Home

Blaine and I are officially moved into our first home!!!


Last Friday we closed successfully, and began the big move. We had 8 people helping (well 7, sorry Susan playing pool all night doesn't count as helping ; ). Actually by the time we finished closing, our families had already brought most of our things out from the basement to the driveway. It was SO nice having so much help. Saturday ALL day we painted, and wow did we accomplish a lot. The entire upstairs including ceilings (except the master, which apparently needed a new corner, don't ask me). Sunday we were all exhausted, and I was sad to see everyone go so quickly.

The week flew by. I now know what it feels like to not have enough time in the week. Between working, trying to get some studying in, and unpacking/cleaning/finishing the master, today I am completely wiped. AND there is still so much to do! But I love it! I look forward to coming HOME everyday.

Tonight Blaine and his buddy are having guys night (played pool for a good 3 hours, and are now carving pumpkins - how cute). I feel a cold coming on, which I thought I had kicked earlier this week. So I'm staying in, studying, and getting ready for a fun night out tomorrow - Swill-o-ween!

Here are some pics to appease everyone's curiosity!

(The kitchen - in progress)


(The Master - note the beautiful corner Blaine did, and all the dust in the air as a result)

(Second bedroom - now much cleaner, and someday to be an office)

(The living room, one room we actually have some nice furniture for)



(The dining room - the accent wall was a day-of decision, and I LOVE it!)



(Deja-kins! Can't leave my baby out : ) She loves the new leather couch, and still an awesome cuddler...She hasn't adjusted to having her own room, so we are working on weeing her of me)



Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

I love the pics... especially the one of Deja!

I can't wait to come down in December and party it up! Tell Blaine I am taking him on in a game of pool... I think I am better after having a couple... couple drinks of water that is?!

Do you know when they are planning on having "cousin's weekend"?

Study hard! You're almost done!

Abbie said...

Congratulations again! your home is beautiful.