Friday, October 12, 2007

Lets Go M.A.D!

Today the company I work for is having its annual volunteer day! They had about 6 different events you could choose from, and I chose Boys and Girls Club. So this afternoon I will be doing some cleaning, and then hopefully get to play with some little kiddies! After that we have a social! But I just realized I might not be able to make it to the social. Blaine has drill this weekend at Camp Ripley, and they left this morning! He has never had a drill that made him take the day off work, crazy MN guards. So that means there will be no one to let Deja out and feed her. I can't neglect her like that. And if I drive all the way home, chances are slim that I will want to drive back in, just to be late. I hate going to things by myself too, especially since I'm new and don't know everyone yet. Blaine's drills always fall on a bad weekend.

So the people we rent from are gone this weekend too....house to myself! Hopefully that means I will get a lot of studying done.

Blaine and I are extremely excited to be moving in ONE WEEK!!!!! It will be SOOO nice to have a place of our own for once. Renting has not been the worst, but its not the best situation either. Two married couples in one house (good thing its big!) However, it is not OUR house, so you kinda always feel like you are stepping on people's toes. Especially because the people we live with are tad anal. And by tad, I mean extremely. And they love to leave us little notes, which just really gets on my nerves. Its more the husband than the wife too. Anyway, they want to keep our deposit and get the carpets cleaned. First of all, the carpet is dark green, with not a stain on it. Second of all, we only have lived there 3 months. Thirdly, we aren't even living there the whole month, while we already paid for the whole months rent. Blaine asked if we could just clean it ourselves, because his mom is bringing a carpet cleaner for our new house anyway. They had to think about it. geeez. I guess I'm not surprised though. Hey we did have to live with mice for awhile...cut us a little break. Oh one more week....Seven days!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear your volunteering was an experience in itself! That's good for the soul, ya know?!

Don't study too hard this weekend... if you get bored, post a pic of you and Deja... we miss you dearly!

See you in 1 WEEK! I don't even care about the manual labor... I am pumped!

Abbie said...

I'm so sorry thos people are keeping your deposit, I just moved myself and I know you'll need every penny. I'm hoping to get back over half of my deposit when I turn in my keys at the end of the month. I lived in that place for 4 years and everything still looks great. I know they'll find something to not give me my entire deposit back, but that is expected.
Good Luck on the move. It is SO NICE to have YOUR own place!