Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hidden Lane

Alright, well I kept my mouth shut as long as I could. Blaine and I found another house! We actually found it a few weeks ago. After a little negotiating, we felt we got a fair price and we're ready to finish the process completely this time. Last week was the inspection and the appraisal. Both went well! The appraisal came in yesterday, and was high enough to get us a loan for the amount in the purchase agreement! The inspection only noted that a lot of items in the house are orignal - water softner, furnace, those type of things. So we got the seller to pay for a one year home warranty. Good deal!

We close next Friday, only a week and one day away!!!! We were SO excited that a couple of weeks ago we went to Sherwin-Williams and picked paint colors for every room, haha! We can't to have family come help us move and paint, oh and also scrape the popcorn ceilings! The ceilings have glitter in them, apparently the cool thing to do back in the day. Painting over popcorn is a lot of work, so we figured we may as well just scrape it. Also a lot of work, but it looks more clean and modern. Hopefully that goes well!

Now we just need furniture, and lots of it....

PS - the comedy club was great! And Deja does not hate us : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fyi I am out of my M&M cafe machoccino's, if slave labor is in order next Saturday I should get a restocking!!!

teacherwoman said...

Congrats to you both on your new house! I can't wait to come down there and see it! I will log my hours of help and expect the same in return when I get my own place! k?!

Abbie said...

Congratulations! I've been returning daily for news of your house. I'm so happy for you guys!