Friday, October 05, 2007

Bad Hair Day

Today is Friday, but I can tell it is just going to be "one of those days". It's only 8:30 AM, and all signs are pointing to a crappy day. It started at about 3 this morning. I nice loud thunderstorm. Don't get me wrong, I love thunderstorms. I just don't like when they wake me up in the middle of the night, and then keep me up. So when I actually got out of bed at 6am, it was still storming. Perfect. In Minneapolis, one rain drop pretty much stops traffic. So I had that to look forward to. I can't complain about the bus ride. For some reason, it was quite empty on the bus, and the ride was pretty quick. Just the walk to the bus and from the bus to my office was not fun. I happened to be wearing pants that have become slightly too big for me (I chose them simply because they did not need ironing). So the cuffs got nice and wet. So here I am walking, trying to keep my umbrella over my head, and my pants up above my waist. Of course my hair can not handle any moisture, so it is all over the place. What a mess. Now sitting at work, my senior has decided to go to another client for a couple of hours before coming into the office. Super, since he left early yesterday because he felt sick, and the day before, and the day before that. So not only am I pretty much doing the entire audit myself (I really am, and I know this because I have the engagement on my computer and he has not logged into yet even), but I also am left alone with no clue of what I am doing. Well, I guess have fun reviewing that. Last complaint, I think I am catching whatever he has. My throat hurts, icky. Even the Caribou latte I bought to cheer me up isn't doing the trick.

Now that I have depressed everyone, let me tell you about last night. This is good though. Blaine and I bought a plasma on Saturday! 42"! So we had our friend, the expert in electronics (works at Best Buy Corporate designing media rooms for rich people!), help us pick it up. It did not fit in Blaine's car on Wednesday when he tried to pick it up. So I bought a Papa Murphy's pizza and some Blue Moon to thank him for his help. And he got it set up just in time to watch Grey's Anatomy!!! It was awesome. Since we are renting the basement of a house, we put the tv in our room. Whoa, I hope I don't get use to having that big of a tv in my bedroom. Then we would have to buy another one for the living room when we eventually get a house! Anyway, its great. And we got 2 years interest free financing, so we only have to pay $50/month for it. NICE!

Well I hope the rest of the day brightens up a bit. I am going to try to work now!

Have a good one!

No comments: