Saturday, January 26, 2008

Endurance

Yes, I know it has been awhile. I apologize, but really not much exciting occurs when you are working 55+ hours and all you want to do is sleep and relax on the weekends.

Blaine is currently in the garage building a desk! I'm so excited to finally have an office (instead of an empty room used to iron our clothes).

I have managed to get up at 5am a few times last week and the week before to get an early morning workout in. I just don't have the motivation at 9 at night. Anyways, I get in the freezing car at 5am, and I am just mad at myself for making me do this. Then I get to the gym, and half awake begining cycling or running. After a some time I'm finally awake and getting an awesome workout in. I go home and have tons of energy. I go to work, and about 3 hours into my 12 hour day I am just sleepy. So that backfired, but I will still do it and hope my body adjusts.

Last weekend Stace was in town, and we celebrated a friend's b-day. It was a GREAT weekend. This weekend we have absolutely nothing going on - and I love it. I just need a weekend to stay home and relax. Check check!

Today I went to the gym for an endurance ride spin class. 90 minutes of hell. The class was packed, and I felt completely out of place. I think I was the only person not wearing some form of spandex. These people dressed like hard-core cyclists, but not all quite had the body yet. The class was packed, and unlike Grand Forks spin classes, there were more men then women. I think I was also the youngest person there too. But I held my own, and 38 miles later, I was pretty sure I had just gotten one of the best workouts ever. And now I understand why everyone had padded-butt shorts : )

I think the rest of my day will be spent enjoying my latte, and catching up on the book for Stacy's book club!

Next week I get to go to a Wild game with the interns (since I am a peer advisor for one from UND) - they play the Aneheim ducks, should be fun!

Other than that, Blaine and I are just staying warm and looking forward to whatever comes up next!

Cheers!

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Wow, 38 miles!?!?! I want to try an endurance ride with you sometime!

P.S. I think it's time to invest in some padded spandex!

Molly said...

I agree..padded spandex is worth every penny. But I must say that I am VERY impressed that you made it 90 minutes without any! That is a GREAT workout!

You are SO lucky to have a handy husband! I have to rent one :)!

Take Care