Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Making a house a home...

Well, after catching up on some sleep and having a wonderful day off, Blaine and I were finally able to get some things done around the house.



Blaine built a sweet bench for our entryway. We are still looking for the right cushion on top, might have to make a special request from a special seamstress I know (mom!). I think it turned out great though. His next big project is to build a leaning bookcase!







We got some great house gifts from family, and quickly put them on our bare walls!








Blaine and I also found some drapes and rods for our living room. But we have not quite completed the look. We were just going to do one on each window, but now are thinking two looks better. We haven't decided what color we like better yet either. We're open for opinions (not that we will necessarily listen!) We are leaning towards the maroon. It will look much better once we get two more pullbacks, but I love the crackled glass balls on the end!






Slowly but surely we will get this house looking good : )
Happy New Years!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the entryway shelf, would not a similar one look nice in the laundry entry @ 3152 TAvis Road?

teacherwoman said...

Blaine did an awesome job on the entryway shelf! It looks wonderful painted!

I also like the maroon curtains! Just my opinion!

Happy New Year!

Molly said...

Hi
Just wanted to intro myself and tell you I enjoy reading your sisters blog and recently started reading yours!
Hope you have a Happy New Year!
Take Care

p.s. maroon