Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back on the Wagon

Well it appears some of my motivation has returned. I have manged to hit the treadmill several times while out-of-town this week and last, as well as, hit up my own treadmill, play some tennis, do a little biking, and a little walking around Chicago. Not too shabby, especially compared to the lack there of the past few months. Unfortunately the workout facility at my hotel in Chicago is complete junk - in the basement, small, and suffocatingly hot. So after my run today, I noticed that I now have some sort of rash along my jawline/neck/face. YUCK. Luckily you can't notice it that much, but I can feel it and its not cool. I thought it was a heat rash, but I'm not sure anymore. Hopefully it goes away soon.

My trip to Chicago has been pretty good. I traveled alone and knew no one upon arrival, but I have managed to latch onto some Milwaukee co-workers. They have been kind enough to invite me to dinner with them each night, so I don't have be a total loner. We experienced House of Blues - bad service, limited menu, and just ok food. Night 2 was a definite improvement - Signature Room. It is a restaurant on the 95th floor of the Hancock building. Awesome steak, service, and VIEW. Gorgeous. My camera couldn't capture the view through the window, but I recommend it to all. Tonight was a seafood place - Catch 35, also good, no view though! I also got to enjoy Michigan Ave. - more shopping than one can imagine. It is pretty crazy the difference between downtown Mpls and downtown Chicago.


Tomorrow I go home! Yay!

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear you have been able to get in some running on while on the road for work!


Hmmm.. I wonder if my work would ever send me to Chi-town for training?