Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Book Club!

Tonight I hosted our 3rd book club meeting to discuss A Long Way Gone. It was hard to choose a place to meet, since even though we all work for the same employer, our clients are all over the cities, not to mention our homes. I found a quaint little coffee shop in SLP, that turned out to be perfect! It had THE best ice cream - best surprise of the week!!! I had the Pumpkin Pie flavor, delicioso : ) I am sure their coffee would be great too, but we all know I can't have any of that after say 10AM. The discussion went well also; it was definitely a thought provoking book that I recommend to all.

I am now excited to go out and buy our next book, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. I haven't gotten all the details on it, but it sounds like its a long one, so we are going to break it up into two meetings. I am so glad that we started this - I am pretty sure I wouldn't get any reading in without it.

On a related note - I was invited by my neighbor to a monthly Bunko meeting with the ladies on the block!! HAHA. I have no idea what Bunko is, but I figured why not? I need to get to know who lives around us anyway, great opportunity!

Now, it is time to watch the "town-hall style" presidential debate. Should be interesting and exciting! Ok, maybe just a little intersting, and not so exciting at all. I already know who I am voting for, but we'll give the other guy a fair shot at winning me over ; )

OUT!

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear your book club went well tonight! But, you never mentioned the name of the book!

BUNKO? You know who I think of when I hear BUNKO? Carol from the Traffic Office! I hear that it's pretty fun and what a great way to meet those who live around you! Glad to hear her invite you!

Well, I am off to watch the debate. I don't know how long I will last!

Holly said...

I've always thought book clubs sounded like fun! You'll have to let us know what exactly Bunko is!

ChillyJ said...

I play Bunko.. it's fun! I love swimming.. it's great. So are you gonna do the indoor tri this time with me and stac??!!