Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I am back in Sodak this week, so I figured why not blog a little.

I just realized it is September already - where has this summer gone??



We have been really busy, but it has been a great summer and I am sad to see it end so quickly.



Some of the highlights of this summer include: 3 camping trips, 4 weddings, 1 bachelorette party, 1 trip to the MN state fair, 1 wedding shower, 1 book club meeting, 2 graduations, 1 boat cruise, 2 comedy club shows, 1 Canterbury Park horse racing experience, a couple of Twins games, lots of grilling, some house projects, OLYMPICS, endless hours in the car, many miles on my bike....



I am looking forward to all my fall favorites though (Caribou has out its pumpkin latte - yum!) And I am excited to get back into a workout routine (which should help with the purchase of our new treadmill). Who knows, maybe Stacy will be able to convince me to try a tri... PS - if anyone finds a Wii Fit, let me know - I really really want one : )



I also have gotten back into reading, which after doing a little browsing, I have realized there are endless books that I want/need to read thanks to my book club of fellow staff! I have already read The Memory Keepers Daughter, which I highly recommend, as well as, The Pilot's Wife. I am now reading A Long Way Gone, a memoir about a boy who is forced to join the rebel forces in Sierra Leone. I am welcome to any other suggestions people have.



Unfortunately, I hardly have any pictures to show for the entire month of August. But here a few highlights from July's trip to Itasca:




Trying to look as cool as Susie : )



Some hard-core kayaking/canoeing (not sure what you call this plastic banana)...



I just love this sign.


1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Love the pics... absolutely love the one of you and susan! Too cute.