Friday, March 14, 2008

Quick Update

I know I have not blogged in a REALLY long time, but honestly there is not much to say.

I splurged and bought the new Asics I really, really wanted and needed. Totally worth it, I heart them. And since I bought them I have ran more than usual. That might also be related to the fact that busy season is officially over for me. My goals are to get back in shape and start reading again. Exciting stuff I know.

I think Blaine was in shock on Monday when he came home and I was already there! I had dinner at home every night this week (except one b/c I had a dinner with my intern advisee). It is nice to actually get to spend some nice quality time at home with Blaine and Deja : ). Although, I was not sure what to do with all that time! I think I will quickly relearn how to enjoy free time : )

I have to say that busy season was a lot of hours, but definitely rewarding in the end. I really got the opportunity to step up and take on roles that normally someone at my level would not get the chance to. The client I was on had lots of issues, which created more work, but also more learning. I am looking forward to next year, when I get to take on even more challenging tasks as well as be the person that the new staff go to with their questions.

Now I am looking forward to a fun, relaxing trip with my sister to sunny AZ to see my best friend!!!

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Ahhh, so nice to see you back in blogland! Glad to hear you went with the asics. Pack your running clothes for AZ, we might have to run a couple times.... and old tennies for hiking!

2 weeks and I will see you in the cities again! I am sure you miss me dearly!

Hug Deja and kiss Blaine for me... no wait... HUG Blaine and KISS Deja... no that's not right either. Give Deja a high five from me (and then a treat for her trick)! Yeah, that's better.