Friday, June 06, 2008

Breaking Stuff..

Ok so today I am working from home/taking a half day of vacation.


So the lawn desperately needs to be mowed. I attempted on Wednesday (Blaine was at the Twins game) to try it out myself. After struggling to get it out from the shed under the deck, I couldn't even get it to start. So I gave up. Well, then Thursday we got a nice storm, giving no chance to mow again. I might try to tackle it again today, but its kinda raining off and on.


Also, by the way things have gone so far today, I am a little scared to do anything else. First of all, part of our fence in the back yard fell down. Nice.




Secondly, while vacuuming a rug (I should have just shook it) the vacuum just quit. Great. At least I was able to get the upstairs completely vacuumed. Our poor guests.

I also sucked up part of my shirt ribbon and totally ruined it. hahaha.

Hopefully, the rest of the cleaning will be more successful!


Here are some pics of our recent updates:

The Upstairs Bathroom - We painted a taupe color (huge improvement over the spotted pee yellow)





Blaine took out the old nasty plastic light cover and put in a new one. It surprisingly looks really good, and adds a little modern flair. It will work until we can afford to put in new flooring and get rid of the mauve counter tops and tiling in the tub!



We painted the front door purple (eggplantish)!!! I am also surprised at how much I LOVE it! Blaine also painted the storm door trimming silver (the gold wasn't going with our nice door handle)
We ran out of time to finish everything we planned. But as soon as we get another free weekend we plan on painting the shutters. Right now they are the same color as the house, which makes no sense. Why even have shutter then? There are lots of little projects to do around the house this summer - can't wait!!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

The house looked great! And it was ammusing to watch grown adults crawl in and out of the window to get to the deck! :)

It was great to see you guys this weekend!