Sunday, August 20, 2006

History

We met in high school when I was a Junior and Blaine was a Senior. Blaine was friends with Matt, the brother of my best friend, Meghan. Follow that one! According to many of our mutual friends, we flirted quite often. Although, if you asked either of one us at the time we would have both said we were "just friends". Blaine graduated and went off to NDSU. We stayed in contact, and thanks to many, many hours having sophisticated conversations on Messenger, we finally came to the realization that it would fun to date. Who knows were we would be without Messenger, Blaine and phones don't really mix : )

We continued to date that year, with Blaine making a few trips to see me, and vice versa. The next year I attended UND, while Blaine went on to his second year at NDSU. Many miles were put on that semester! The next semester Blaine transfered to UND. If you asked him at the time he might tell you it was because he didn't like the engineer program at NDSU. While I know NDSU is a second class school, I like to believe he came to UND for me : )

Well, he was only at UND for about a month, when the National Guards deployed him to Iraq. He was away for almost a year and half. It was hard, but we survived. Not to sound cliche, but I really think the experience made our relationship stronger. I knew after he came back that I wanted Blaine to always be a part of my life. And now we are going make the committment in front of all our family and friends; we can't wait!

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

I believe I was one of those whom you told that you and blaine were "just friends"....everyone could see there was more there!